What is the difference between Coaching, Mentoring and Counselling?
Coaching, is solutions focused and is concerned with personal GROWth and setting SMART Goals through consultation and agreement.
The coach may also be more experienced, however their role is to help probe and unlock the human potential in both your personal and/or professional life.
Coaching engagements are usually 6 – 12 months or longer depending on your needs.
Mentoring, is usually the sharing of knowledge by a more experienced member of your trusted circle or from within your current organisation. It is also generally over a long period of time.
Counselling, is generally aimed at solving a problem that may be mental health related and is carried out by a qualified Psychologist or Counsellor.
What are some of the things that I can help you with?
- Succession Planning but unsure if your current leadership team’s style is constructive enough? Perhaps some executive coaching might help them to re-frame how they view different scenarios. See 5 Reasons WHY you should choose Profit & Values.
- At the cross-roads of your career decisions? I’ve moved countries and changed job industries multiple times and have chosen my family over a career move in what some would describe as career suicide, but has ultimately been the best decision yet. It has had its ups and downs, but I wouldn’t change a thing. Sharing my own story and persective with you might help you make some of those decisions for yourself. Have a read of my article on “why some people appear to cope with change better than others” or check out our travel photo blog where we travelled around Australia for 6 months as a family.
- Stuck between a rock and hard place concerning duty, responsibility, cultural expectations etcetera? Read my blog and insight on “What Culture taught me about Leadership & Service. Perhaps we share experiences and perspectives to help you move forward.
- Bullying allegation being mentioned or directed towards you? I’ve facilitated/mediated these types of conversations and have been the subject of unproven allegations myself. Experience has taught me, that closure (whatever that is for you) is the most crucial part of this process. Perhaps I can help you find closure in a situation that appears unfair, so that you can move on emotionally.
- Strategy Implemetnation not going as well as you had hoped? I’ve been there myself and am able to share some of my own executive operational experiences by helping you to come up with your own solutions.
These are just some of the topics that we can explore and unpack.
To meet in person and discuss how I can assist you with Coaching, lets book a coffee catch-up via my online calendar.
Alternatively, please call me on 0405 053 689 for an obligation free conversation.